This is a traditional punjabi dish. Potato and spinach is a nutritious and delicious combo.
8-10 Baby Potatoes (boiled & peeled)
2 bunches Spinach (washed & boiled)
2 Onions (grated)
1 tsp Ginger (grated)
1 tsp Garlic (grated)
1-2 Green Chilies (chopped)
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
Salt to taste
1 tbsp whipped Cream
2 tbsp Oil / Ghee
- Heat 1 tsp of Oil and fry the cooked Baby Potatoes until they turn golden brown in color. Keep them aside.
- Grind boiled spinach and green chilies into a smooth paste. Retain the water in which spinach is boiled.
- Heat oil in the pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Saute onion until they turn golden brown in color. Add ginger and garlic. Then add red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and garam masala and mix well.
- Add spinach paste and cook for 8-10 minutes. Then add fried baby potaotes and cook again for 10 more minutes.
- Add the retained spinach water. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add cream and mix well.
- Serve Aloo Palak with Chapati or plain Rice.