This is a north Indian recipe.
4/5 based on 1 vote. The median rating is 4.
Number of Servings: 6
1 Chicken (cut into pieces)
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
½ Cup Yogurt
1 tbsp Ginger-garlic Paste
3 Green Cardamoms
6 Black Peppercorns
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 tsp. Coriander seeds
2 sticks of Cinnamon
6 Green chilies
1 bunch of Coriander leaves
1 bunch of Mint leaves
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Chili Powder
1 tsp Black Pepper
Salt to taste
- Prepare the green paste by grind the green chilies, coriander, mint and onions to a fine paste.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger-garlic paste, yogurt and the green paste for an hour.
- Grind the cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms, black pepper, cumin seeds and coriander seeds to a fine powder.
- Heat oil in the pan. Add the chicken and fry for 10-15 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Sauté for 5-6 minutes and add about 2 cups of water. Allow it to cook until the chicken becomes tender.
- Add the powdered spices. Cook till the gravy or curry becomes thick.
- Serve hot with rice or naan (Indian bread).