This Indian dessert is very delicious and simple to make.
Number of Servings: 4-5
2 cups Pumpkin (grated)
4 tbsp Ghee
1/2 cup Milk
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
2 tbsp Khoa (grated) (optional)
10-12 Almonds (blanched)
2 tbsp Coconut Powder
- Wash, peel and chop the pumpkin.
- Heat ghee in the heavy pan and add pumpkin to it. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add milk and cook till tender.
- Turn the heat off. Mash the pumpkin well.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder. Continue cooking till it thickens.
- Add coconut powder and cook for a while. Sprinkle khoa over it.
- Remove the pumpkin halwa in the serving plate and garnish with chopped almonds.