This is easy to make and a good diet recipe. It is also a presentable side dish.
Number of Servings: 2-4
2-3 firm Tomatoes
2-3 cloves Garlic (sliced)
2 tsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Fresh Basil (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
Black Pepper(freshly ground)
1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat the grill pan on high heat.
- Cut the tomatoes into halves.Season them with salt and black pepper.
- In a pan, heat oil and add sliced garlic to it. Fry garlic until golden brown in color. Keep it aside so that the garlic flavor is infused in the oil.
- Brush the cut side of the tomatoes with the garlic soaked olive oil. Also brush grill pan with olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes, cut side down on the grill pan. Cover the grill and let cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Place the grilled tomatoes on a serving dish, cut side up. Drizzle the tomatoes with the left over olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper. Sprinkle with thinly sliced basil, fried garlic and lemon juice.
- Serve warm.