The dessert is thick, creamy and moist. The slices of fruits give it a more colorful and attractive look.
1/2kg Sponge Cake
4 Kiwis (peeled and sliced)
3 Bananas (peeled and sliced)
12-15 Fresh Strawberries (sliced)
1 cup Pineapple (sliced)
4tsp Custard Powder
4 tbsp sugar
1 packet strawberry jelly and jam
150ml Whipped Cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
6-8 candied cherries for decorating
2 tbsp. icing sugar & chopped nuts
- Cut sponge cake horizontally into two sandwiches. Drench the bottom part with half the sugar syrup from tins and keep it in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare strawberry jelly and leave to set in fridge.
- Prepare custard and set aside.
- Take out the cake from the refrigerator and lay it on the glass plate in which it will be served. Spread jam evenly over it.
- Pour half the custard over it and place half the chopped nuts, kiwis, strawberries, bananas and pineapple slices and small jelly pieces
- Cover with top half of cake, drench with sugar syrup, pour remaining custard and decorate with remaining nuts, fruits and cubed jelly all over again.
- Whip together the powdered sugar, whipped cream and the essence.
- Decorate with candied cherries.
- Chill for about 4-5 hours.