This pie is very velvety, creamy and chocolaty.
Number of Servings: 6-8
1 Short Crust Dough (thinly rolled) SEE THE RECIPE UNDER CAKE
250gms Dark Chocolate (chopped)
100gms Butter (cut into cubes)
1 cup Milk
4 Eggs (egg York and white separated)
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
2 tbsp Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the short crust dough over the pie mould. Remove the dough that hangs over the sides. With the fork, stab lightly on the dough to stop it from rising. Place the pie mould in the oven for 20-25 minutes to bake till it turns light brown. Remove from oven and let it cool.
- Melt chocolate, milk, vanilla extract and butter in the double boiler, stirring constantly with rubber spatula. Take it off and don't overheat. Pour egg yolks and stir well.
- Whip the egg white on the medium to high speed. (the utensil used for whipping should be clean and grease-free as it would stop the egg white from whipping). Add sugar when it starts to become fluffy. (to test the consistency, collect the whipped egg whites on the mixing hook, if it stays its ready).
- Pour some of the whipped egg white into the melted chocolate and gently mix them together. Then add the remaining egg white and fold till throughly combined.
- Take the baked crust out of the mould. Pour the mousse and even it out. Put it in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours. Remove the pie from the fridge.
- In the bowl, beat cream until soft. Add sugar and beat till stiff. Place mounds of cream on the chocolate fillings. Garnish with grated chocolate.