Dahi bhallas is a mouth watering snack. The ingredients of dahi bhalla facilitate fast digestion.
Number of Servings: 4-5
½ cup Urad dal(white lentils)
1 cup Mung dhuli dal(yellow lentils)
1 tbsp Cumin seeds (powdered)
¼ tsp Asafetida
½ cup Corriander Leaves (finely chopped)
4-5 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
A pinch of Baking Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Oil for frying
½ kg Curd
1 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Red chili powder to taste
1 tsp Roast cumin seeds (powdered)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Sonth
- Soak both the dals overnight. Next morning grind to a fine paste of by adding little water.
- Add asafetida, cumin powder, coriander and some chopped green chillies.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Add a pinch of baking powder to the paste.
- Shape into semi circles
- Heat the oil.
- Deep fry them till they become golden brown in color.
- Dip them in warm water for 15 or 20 seconds.
- Squeeze the excess water by pressing each bhalla with both your palms, and keep aside.
- Stir the curd, add salt and dip all the bhallas into it and leave for some time.
- Garnish with sonth (recipe given in chutney), cumin powder, red chili powder and chopped coriander leaves.