If you want to Westernise it, add a load of chopped parsley, mint and coriander and mix through.
Number of Servings: 2
2 cups Chickpeas or white Channa
2 Potatoes (boiled and chopped)
2 Onion (chopped)
2 green Chilies (chopped)
1 Tomato (chopped)
1 tsp Cumin Seeds (roasted and grounded)
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Black Pepper
Coriander Leaves for garnish
Salt to taste.
Chat Masala to taste
- Soak the chickpeas for 5-6 hours and boil them with a little salt and a pinch of cooking soda.
- In a pan heat the oil. Add cumin powder and mustard and let it crackle.
- Add the chilies, onions and sauté till the onions turn soft.
- Add tomato for a minute.
- Add the chickpea, potatoes and salt and sauté.
- Pour the lemon juice, chat masala and black pepper. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.